World Bank Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Senior Transport Specialist Jobs): Recently World Bank Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on May 14, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before June 04, 2022.
World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
World Bank Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||World Bank Ethiopia|
|Post Name||Senior Transport Specialist|
|Opening Date||May 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||June 04, 2022|
|Job Category||Bank Jobs|
World Bank Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Job #: req17608.
- Organization: World Bank.
- Sector: Transportation.
- Grade: GG.
- Term Duration: 4 years 0 months.
- Recruitment Type: International Recruitment.
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Required Language(s): English.
- Closing Date: 6/4/2022 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC.
- Qualification: Master’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant graduate level education and experience, on transport engineering or economics.
- Work Experience: Proven experience in the transport sector, with demonstrated ability to work on at least three of the following areas: (a) development of transport policy and national planning instruments; (b) policy, institutional and financing aspects of transport and the elements to encourage private sector participation in the delivery of transport infrastructure or services; (c) urban mobility; (d) regional economic corridors, trade, logistics; (d) contract management, site management, material testing, construction (and maintenance) equipment/plant management. A good working knowledge on the procurement of works, goods and services, as well as the options to harness Digital Development technologies into the transport sector initiatives and operations will be a plus.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa.
- Position: Senior Transport Specialist.
- Master’s degree with 8 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of relevant graduate level education and experience, on transport engineering or economics.
- Proven experience in the transport sector, with demonstrated ability to work on at least three of the following areas: (a) development of transport policy and national planning instruments; (b) policy, institutional and financing aspects of transport and the elements to encourage private sector participation in the delivery of transport infrastructure or services; (c) urban mobility; (d) regional economic corridors, trade, logistics; (d) contract management, site management, material testing, construction (and maintenance) equipment/plant management. A good working knowledge on the procurement of works, goods and services, as well as the options to harness Digital Development technologies into the transport sector initiatives and operations will be a plus.
- Experience in working with and leading cross-sectoral teams, including teams for safeguards and fiduciary aspects, and knowledge of key cross-cutting issues that impinge on the performance of the transport sector and on which the development of transport sector infrastructure and services needs to create positive effect, including environmental and social impacts, land acquisition and resettlement, gender equality, road safety, climate change, and the interplay with digital technologies for enhance transport sector performance.
- Proven track record of design and implementation of transport programs, and experience of working on programs financed by the World Bank or other development partners, multilateral or bilateral.
- High degree of dynamism and self-motivation, as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision. Proven practical experience in project development and management would be a strong advantage.
- Familiarity with the challenges facing the transport sector in Sub-Saharan Africa would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to build client relationships involving multiple stakeholders, to discuss transformative transport policies or reforms
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- English essential
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and support the preparation and supervision of transport projects covering the core elements of planning, design, procurement, construction, contract management, maintenance, and operations, while paying close attention to the design and monitoring the implementation of safeguards and other cross-cutting issues, including the opportunities for addressing women mobility constrains, road safety, green mobility, safety, expanding the incorporation of the private sector in the financing and/or provision of transport infrastructure and services.
- Manage and support selected analytical studies (ASA activities) or Trust Funds, particularly on issues related to the provision of transport infrastructure and services, financing options, asset maintenance and operations, climate resilience, gender, impact evaluation, and general best practices in the investment, management and delivery of infrastructure and services.
- Under the guidance of the Practice Manager, lead sector policy dialogue and institutional reforms and capacity building programs, seeking to develop capacity in the pertinent implementing entities, with attention to the opportunities and options to engage the private sector. In this effort, ensure consideration of cross-cutting issues such as, inter alia, social and environmental impacts, gender equality, health and safety, and climate change.
- Identify opportunities in coordination with Digital Development Specialists on harnessing the incorporation of new digital technologies for enhancing the performance of the transport sector.
- Contribute in cross-sectoral teams responsible for preparation of policy notes, Country Partnership Frameworks, public expenditures reviews, sectoral studies, and research and policy development activities on the topics/sections pertaining to transport, poverty reduction, environmental management, agriculture and trade and competitiveness.
- Support the Bank-wide professional community of staff engaged in the transport practice by participating in a selected number of thematic technical groups (Global Solutions Groups) and participating in drafting of technical notes in collaboration with other Global practices to enhance the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and expanding the existing knowledge base.
- Stay abreast of recent developments in the transport sector world-wide, and on cross-cutting issues, in relation to the topics of specialization for this position; identifying knowledge gaps and disseminating relevant knowledge to clients.
- Deliver results for clients – Proactively addresses clients’ stated and unstated needs.
- Collaborate within Teams and Across Boundaries – Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives.
- Make Smart Decisions – Interprets a wide range of information and pushes to move forward.
- Integrative skills – Understands relevant cross-sectoral areas
- Policy dialogue skills – anticipate needs and requests in the field and conducts independent policy discussions with representatives of the government and non-government partners
- Transport policy, strategy and institutions – Solid understanding of transport policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations.
- Operational Project Management – demonstrates in depth knowledge and understanding of transport project management tools and methodologies,
- Project design for impact and sustainability – contributes to the design of projects and programs, based on an understanding of the country and sector context
- Team leadership – leads teams to achieve challenging outcomes, providing a role model and enhancing the team-leadership skills of team members.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with World Bank Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the online application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.worldbank.org to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on June 04, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
World Bank Ethiopia
Airport Road, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Phone: +251 11 517 6000
Official Website: www.worldbank.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.