WHO Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 EPI Technical Officer Jobs): Recently WHO Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on June 19, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before July 16, 2022.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. The WHO Ethiopia Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
WHO Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||WHO Ethiopia|
|Post Name||EPI Technical Officer|
|Opening Date||June 19, 2022|
|Closing Date||July 16, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
WHO Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Qualification: Medical degree with a Post-graduate degree in public health, Epidemiology or related field.
- Work Experience: At least 7 years of experience in planning, monitoring and evaluating immunization programme operations at the national level.
- Desirable: Previous experience in immunization systems, EPI, including poliomyelitis eradication, measles control and surveillance, and other VPDs. Experience in policy formulation, quality management, strategic and policy planning as well as facilitating consultations.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Language Skills: Excellent knowledge of English. Working knowledge of the local language.
- Position: EPI Technical Officer.
Description Of Duties
Under the guidance of the WHO Representative and the direct supervision of the EPI Team Lead, the incumbent is assigned all or part of the following responsibilities which are performedaccording to the needs and agenda:
- To provide guidance and technical support to the Government for the development and implementation of national policies and strategies, harmonized costed multi-year plans and protocols for routine immunization as related to implementation and surveillance at the national level, in close cooperation with the national public health networks, to ensure forecasting and maintenance of vaccine stockpiles, particularly in case of emergency.
- To contribute to the planning, monitoring and evaluation of the EPI programme performance (surveillance and immunizations);
- To contribute to the development of effective mechanisms for regular and in-depth analysis of routine immunization and surveillance data with technical feedback and proposed actions;
- To contribute to the capacity building of EPI field officers based on the identified weaknesses and provide supportive supervision to empower the operational level to monitor and evaluate the performance of the immunization programme;
- To provide support and participate in field assessment of the quality of data being routinely submitted (DQS, Peer Reviews, Surveys, External Surveillance Reviews etc.);
- To participate in the planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation of supplemental immunization activities, including independent monitoring;
- Working with the Federal Ministry of Health, provide support to ensure timely and complete reporting of immunization data;
- To contribute to capacity building for operational research for evidence-based decision making and fundamental research in the area of immunization and related fields for evidence-based decision making in the area of immunization;
- Coordinate and share monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and end of year activity reports with WCO, IST and AFRO as per stipulated requirements from each level;
- To develop and update norms and standards related to routine immunization, providing expertise and developing/revising guidelines; proactively facilitate the implementation of norms and standards to facilitate M&E; the development and implementation of capacity building for routine immunization through the identification and implementation of operational policies to expand strategies; and providing technical expertise
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with WHO Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.who.int to fill the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on July 16, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
World Health Organization (WHO Ethiopia Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: www.who.int
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.