WFP Ethiopia Vacancy 2024 (01 Procurement Officer Jobs): Recently WFP Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on January 04, 2024. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before January 16, 2024.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
WFP Ethiopia Vacancy 2024
|World Food Programme Ethiopia (WFP Ethiopia)
|January 04, 2024
|January 16, 2024
WFP Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2024 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa
- Position: Procurement Officer.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES ( not all – inclusive)
- Support on all Assurance Projects procurement tasks and ensure timely turnaround of processes
- Act as the lead team and focal person for implementation of local regional food procurement policy (LRFPP) in Ethiopia Country Office.
- Facilitate and liaise with programme units and for effective and efficient implementation of local and regional food procurement policy.
- Support on increasing procurement of commodities from local and regional markets as per signed policy.
- Prepare local food procurement plan or concept note on yearly basis to guide the procurement of food commodities from smallholder farmers.
- Prepare and review food procurement tender documents and contract for traders and smallholder farmers procurement processes.
- Provide support to procurement activities following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services.
- Identify, assess and recommend potential suppliers, and ensure necessary data/documents are distributed to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, amend and prioritize purchasing requests, and provide recommendations to requisitioners, to support the procurement of goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP.
- Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, with guidance from Head of Procurement unit, to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP.
- Review and prepare Purchase Orders, contracts, and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, in order to enable the swift purchase of goods and services.
- Conduct research and analysis on a range of data, and produce substantive reports providing insight and recommendations to Procurement Officers and enabling informed decision-making.
- Design, develop and oversee the maintenance of databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Act as an escalation point, liaising with suppliers and providing solutions to complex issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, and following process, to ensure timely resolution of problems.
- Work in collaboration with internal counterparts, in order to align procurement activities with wider programme’s and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
Education: University degree in Supply Chain Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Economics, Law or Social Sciences.
Experience: At least Six (6) years of relevant work experience in the field of Procurement, WFP procurement experience is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
Proficiency in Windows MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoints, Outlook).
Language: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (proficiency/Level C). Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with WFP Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.wfp.org to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on January 16, 2024. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
World Food Programme Ethiopia (WFP Ethiopia)
Ras Mekonen St, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Phone: +251 11 551 5188
Official Website: www.wfp.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.