WFP Ethiopia Vacancy 2023 (01 Logistics Associate Jobs): Recently WFP Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on March 18, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before April 02, 2023.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
More Current Vacancies
WFP Ethiopia Vacancy 2023
|Hiring Organization||World Food Programme Ethiopia (WFP Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Logistics Associate|
|Opening Date||March 18, 2023|
|Closing Date||April 02, 2023|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
WFP Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Qualification: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
- Experience: 6 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in logistics or related functional areas.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Mekelle, Ethiopia.
- Position: Logistics Associate.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
- Provide specialized support to logistics operations and activities, following standard processes and contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Coordinate requisitioning and ensure timely delivery of commodities and supplies to authorised partners and destinations.
- Manage logistics vendors’ contracting activities including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
- Monitor inventory management processes to track trends and account for the inventory status from source to beneficiary.
- Support oversight for commodity accounting data quality and integrity.
- Analyse operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, SPRs, financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
- Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with WFP Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.wfp.org to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on April 02, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Advertisement Details|
World Food Programme Ethiopia (WFP Ethiopia)
Ras Mekonen St, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Phone: +251 11 551 5188
Official Website: www.wfp.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.