UNOCHA Vacancy 2023 (01 Senior Humanitarian Affairs Officer Jobs): Recently UNOCHA has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on September 15, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before October 13, 2023.
This section provides an overview of OCHA’s mandate, its leadership and how it is funded. It also includes a detailed section on OCHA’s flagship and thematic publications, and on the Agenda for Humanity – a plan put forward by the UN Secretary-General calling on global leaders to stand up for our common humanity and reduce humanitarian suffering.
UNOCHA Vacancy 2023
|Hiring Organization||Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)|
|Post Name||Senior Humanitarian Affairs Officer|
|Opening Date||September 15, 2023|
|Closing Date||October 13, 2023|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
UNOCHA Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Qualification: An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in political science, social science, international studies, public administration, economics, engineering, earth sciences or a related field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with an additional two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Language: French and English are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa.
- Position: Senior Humanitarian Affairs Officer.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, rehabilitation, development, or other related area is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience leading and/or coordinating humanitarian relief operations in complex emergencies or natural disasters is required.
- Experience coordinating or managing the IASC Humanitarian Programme Cycle (Humanitarian Needs Overview/Humanitarian Response Plan) is required.
- Experience in a senior management role responsibility for budgeting and human resources is required.
- A minimum of four (4) years in the past ten (10) years of international field experience (actual setting where a mission and/or project is being implemented) in aid operations (complex emergency or natural disaster) is desirable.
- Experience in a humanitarian context within the UN Common System or other comparable international organization is desirable.
- Experience in the region is desirable.
Within delegated authority, the Senior Humanitarian Affairs Officer/Deputy Head of Office will be responsible for the following duties:
- Acts as Deputy Head of Office (Programmes) for OCHA Ethiopia, covering files related to strategic coordination, communication, humanitarian financing (pooled funding), and information management.
- Provides authoritative technical and policy advice to senior management in OCHA and other agencies in the UN system, Member State officials, international and regional organizations on programmes, projects and issues of significant impact on humanitarian, emergency relief and disaster response/management efforts including the humanitarian programme cycle.
- Monitors the performance of the institution’s humanitarian mandate; influences the development and evolution of the UN approach to humanitarian affairs; designs and implements significant policy and programme changes to address country, regional, global humanitarian affairs issues, including gender considerations; conceptualizes the linkages with the political and peacekeeping functions in the Secretariat.
- Develops/ensures implementation of coherent humanitarian/disaster response strategies and procedures especially related to strategic coordination.
- Conceptualizes, formulates and manages major projects; leads and directs a multi-agency team in carrying out disaster assessment or other missions; initiates, mobilizes and coordinates international humanitarian/emergency assistance for exceptionally complex situations or major disasters; ensures necessary support (e.g. staff, funding, specialized equipment, supplies, etc.); prepares situation reports to the international community, apprising of situation to date and specifying unmet requirements of stricken countries.
- Manages the production of appeals for international assistance; ensures the proper use and spending of donor contributions channeled through OCHA.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with UNOCHA must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the online application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.unocha.org to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on October 13, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Advertisement Details|
United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: www.unocha.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.