UNICEF Ethiopia Vacancy 2023 (01 Health Specialist Jobs): Recently UNICEF Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on March 11, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before March 21, 2023.
UNICEF has been present in Ethiopia since 1952 and its history is closely tied to Ethiopia’s gradual transformation into a modern economy with strong aspirations for middle income status by 2025.
At the end of the Second World War, Ethiopia embarked on a programme to modernize its economy and social infrastructure. International organizations were invited to support this effort and, starting in 1952, United Nations officials, including UNICEF staffers, began to frequently visit the country to deliver medical supplies and organize vaccinations of children. In 1958, UNICEF established its first office in Addis Ababa and in 1963 signed a formal Basic Cooperation Agreement (BCA) with the Government.
UNICEF Ethiopia Vacancy 2023
|Hiring Organization||United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Health Specialist (Programme monitoring & Evaluation/HMIS)|
|Opening Date||March 11, 2023|
|Closing Date||March 21, 2023|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
UNICEF Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Position: Health Specialist (Programme monitoring & Evaluation/HMIS).
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in one of the following fields is required: public health/nutrition, pediatric health, family health, health research, global/international health, health policy and/or management, environmental health sciences, biostatistics, socio-medical, health education, epidemiology, or another relevant technical field.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: public health/nutrition planning and management, maternal and neonatal health care, or health emergency/humanitarian preparedness, .
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Experience working in a Health Systems Strengthening/Health Information Systems is an asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with UNICEF Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.unicef.org/ethiopia/ to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on March 21, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
United Nations Children’s Fund
UNECA Compound, Zambezi Building 2nd, 3rd & 4th floors
Box 1169 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Telephone: +251 11 518 4000
Fax +251 11 551 1628
Official Website: www.unicef.org/ethiopia/
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.