UNHCR Ethiopia Vacancy 2023 (01 Assistant Human Resources Officer Jobs): Recently UNHCR Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on Feb. 15, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before Feb. 26, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
Today, over 68 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
UNHCR Ethiopia Vacancy 2023
|Hiring Organization||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Assistant Human Resources Officer|
|Opening Date||Feb. 15, 2023|
|Closing Date||Feb. 26, 2023|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
UNHCR Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Qualification: 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Language: English.
- Workplace: Melkadida, Ethiopia.
- Position: Assistant Human Resources Officer.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- – Provide input in the preparation of the annual operations programme review submissions, and in the review of the training needs of the staff, making appropriate proposals to meet identified needs.
- – Advise and counsel staff members on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements in line with UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations.
- – Assist in timely advertising and filling of General Service and National Officer vacancies. Prepare submissions for the review by the local Assignments Committee (AC). Process recruitment, assignment and reassignment of local staff for the country operation, in accordance with UN/UNHCR rules and procedures.
- – Conduct regular audit and verification of personnel records in the office, including audit of MSRP entries into HR module, as well as of the attendance, overtime and leave records. Monitor maintenance of the daily tracking system to ensure accurate information is provided on staff and families in case of emergency. Provide support, guidance and training to all staff performing personnel administration and other HR related functions.
- – Brief newly-arrived international staff on related administrative formalities; process and follow up on their accreditations and other related documents, and arrange for their onward travel to the field office, if applicable.
- – Supervise administration of UNHCR medical insurance plan for locally recruited staff. Assist staff and dependants in case of medical evacuation.
- – Assist in HR related activities of the security evacuation plan, ensuring relocations/evacuations are managed and administered in line with the provisions of the UN Security Management System Policy.
- – Maintain liaison with the support sections and divisions at headquarters, specifically with DHRM, on matters related to the recruitment and personnel administration support, medical and other issues of staff welfare and safety.
- – Enforce local compliance with the UN/UNHCR staff rules and regulations, as well as with the performance management system.
- – Clear issuance and extension of contracts for locally recruited staff.
- – Clear payments related to personnel issues such as settlement of travel claims, overtime claims, hazard pay, MIP reimbursements, medical and security evacuations, shipment costs. – Perform other related duties as required.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with UNHCR Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.unhcr.org/ethiopia.html to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on Feb. 26, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: www.unhcr.org/ethiopia.html
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.