UNHCR Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Resettlement Associate Jobs): Recently UNHCR Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on August 06, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before August 09, 2022.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
Today, over 68 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
UNHCR Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Resettlement Associate|
|Opening Date||August 06, 2022|
|Closing Date||August 09, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
UNHCR Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Qualification: 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Language: English.
- Workplace: Gondar, Ethiopia.
- Position: Resettlement Associate.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Good knowledge of UNHCR Resettlement policies and operational applications in different resettlement countries and situations. Completion of UNHCR specific learning/training activities (e.g., PLP and RSD/Resettlement Learning Programme, resettlement anti-fraud workshop).
- – Interview, assess resettlement needs, and process persons identified for resettlement, following established procedures; undertake field missions as required.
- – Where applicable, review and assess special resettlement cases and prepares individual submissions for presentation to resettlement countries; keep offices informed on the status of special resettlement cases; liaise with offices on case processing and provide advice as required.
- – Comply with UNHCR¿s standard operating procedures on resettlement, ensuring timely action on cases.
- – Follow up on status of cases from submission to departure; ensure effective in-country communication on the status and follow-up on persons of concern (PoC) being considered for resettlement; ensure that records on individual cases are kept up-to-date.
- – Provide PoC and partners with up-to-date and accurate information on UNHCR¿s resettlement policies and procedures.
- – Assist in monitoring the quality of submissions, providing the concerned staff with basic guidance and advice.
- – Manage, maintain and update proGres or Consolidated Online Resettlement Tracking System (CORTS) database and provide technical support.
- – Coordinate travel and departure arrangements for refugees accepted for resettlement.
- – Organize logistical support for governments undertaking resettlement missions.
- – Maintain accurate resettlement statistics as well as up-to-date records on individual cases; assist in the preparation of reports.
- – Assist with preparing a strategy and budget for resettlement activities and monitoring expenditures.
- – Provide administrative support for resettlement-related training activities.
- – Systematically apply an Age, Gender and Diversity perspective in all aspects of the resettlement process; comply with UNHCR policy and guidelines on HIV/AIDS.
- – Assist in mitigating resettlement fraud through oversight (including in-country travel), advice and guidance).
- – Recommend cases that are eligible for resettlement consideration.
- – Provide counselling to PoC.
- – Perform other related duties as required.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with UNHCR Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.unhcr.org/ethiopia.html to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on August 09, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: www.unhcr.org/ethiopia.html
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.