UNHCR Ethiopia Vacancy 2023 (01 Assistant Information Management Officer Jobs): Recently UNHCR Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on December 09, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before December 24, 2023.
The office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
Today, over 68 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
UNHCR Ethiopia Vacancy 2023
|Hiring Organization||United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Assistant Information Management Officer|
|Opening Date||December 09, 2023|
|Closing Date||December 24, 2023|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
UNHCR Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Qualification: 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Language: English.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Position: Assistant Information Management Officer.
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- – Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners, including UNHCR data standards and the IASC Common Operational Datasets.
- – Compile, aggregate and analyze data and information elements required to produce standardized information products and implement data/information collection plans for baseline and context-specific data.
- – Support the operation in the analysis of processed data and information and perform data quality and consistency control.
- – Facilitate the analysis of cross-border information between relevant countries.
- – Assist in training staff involved in information management activities, including data collection and data entry teams.
- – Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS).
- – Share UNHCR data with partner agencies and maintain Portal data and information in-line with agreed frequencies.
- – Provide technical Information Management support to Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and analysis.
- – Liaise with partners and represent UNHCR in meetings related to the functions.
- – Make recommendations and provide advice on the technical information management requirements.
- – Assist in training of data entry and data collection teams.
- – Support the identification and management of risks and seek to seize opportunities impacting objectives in the area of responsibility. Ensure decision making in risk based in the functional area of work. Raise risks, issues and concerns to a supervisor or to relevant functional colleague(s).
- – Perform other related duties as required.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with UNHCR Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.unhcr.org/ethiopia.html to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on December 24, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: www.unhcr.org/ethiopia.html
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.