UNFPA Ethiopia Vacancy 2023 (01 International Consultancy: Knowledge Management and Communications Jobs): Recently UNFPA Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on Feb. 18, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before Feb. 21, 2023.
UNFPA’s assistance to Ethiopia began in 1973 and it has since implemented seven five-year programme cycles. In the last decade, Ethiopia has made significant progress towards achieving its national and international development goals, and sectoral programmes and strategies for improving maternal health, promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment, and combating the HIV epidemic.
UNFPA Ethiopia Vacancy 2023
|Hiring Organization||United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||International Consultancy: Knowledge Management and Communications|
|Opening Date||Feb. 18, 2023|
|Closing Date||Feb. 21, 2023|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
UNFPA Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: NGO Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa.
- Position: International Consultancy: Knowledge Management and Communications.
Qualification Full Details
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience with a master’s degree or 9 years of experience with a bachelor’s degree in the above mentioned fields.
- Experience of working with the AU, working at a regional level and working on UN joint Programmes preferred.
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive reports.
- Experience in capacity building on Communications.
- Experience in Internal and external communication and advocacy for results and advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Ability to package information for effective communication and visibility
- Experienced in building strategic alliances and partnerships that enhance the Programme Visibility.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Experience in working with other UN agencies with similar assignments, specifically in developing strategies.
- Consultant should provide examples of past experience for similar assignments
- Inputs / services to be provided by UNFPA or implementing partner (e.g. support services, office space, equipment), if applicable
- SIARP will provide all the required support services aimed at facilitating the delivery of the assignment. This will include:
- Office Space and equipment of which will include a laptop, desk and other office related items.
Scope of Work
The individual consultant will be required to undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate the implementation of the EVAWG/HP strategy for the Spotlight Initiative (SI)
- Provide technical support in the development of high-quality knowledge products for the regional SI, as well as capturing country achievements
- Ensure that knowledge generated from the regional and country SI are thoroughly documented, stored, disseminated, used for institutional learning, and shared with partners
- Develop and convene high-quality capacity development workshops for the regional Spotlight Initiative (SI) partners on EVAWG/HP and knowledge management
- Establish Communities of Practice and mobilize technical officers of national and regional Programmes to share experiences, lessons learned and good practices
- Provide technical support to key intra-regional South-South/Triangular Cooperation opportunities in close collaboration with the SI core implementing agencies and partners
- Coordinate the design and planning of communication for development and social and behavioral change communication strategies and messages
- Support implementation of SI Communication and Visibility strategies and plans
- Coordinate the collection of good practices and lessons learned for scale up and replication of the regional SI activities
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested applicants should send a short letter of motivation and a detailed CV with the subject clearly stated “Application for the SIARP Communications Consultancy” to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Monday 21 February 2023, 5pm New York time.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on Feb. 21, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
Congo Building, 5th Floor
Menelik II Avenue
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
P.O. Box 5580
Tel: 251-1- 511-980,
Official Website: ethiopia.unfpa.org/en
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.