UNFPA Ethiopia Vacancy 2021 (04 Security Specialist, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Programme Specialist, Head of Office Emergency Response, GBV Inter-Agency Coordinator Jobs): Recently UNFPA Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on October 05, 2021. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before October 09, 2021.
UNFPA’s assistance to Ethiopia began in 1973 and it has since implemented seven five-year programme cycles. In the last decade, Ethiopia has made significant progress towards achieving its national and international development goals, and sectoral programmes and strategies for improving maternal health, promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment, and combating the HIV epidemic.
UNFPA Ethiopia Vacancy 2021
|Hiring Organization||United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Security Specialist, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Programme Specialist, Head of Office Emergency Response, GBV Inter-Agency Coordinator|
|Opening Date||October 05, 2021|
|Closing Date||October 09, 2021|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
UNFPA Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2021 Details
- Organization Type: NGO Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Qualification: Master’s Degree preferably in Business Administration, Political/Social Science, Psychology, Military Science, Law Enforcement, or similar fields. A Bachelor’s degree plus a military or police academy diploma would be relevant.
- Work Experience: At least 5 years of experience in the relevant field. Ability to work closely with UN counterparts, government officials, IP’s, NGOs and any other multi-lateral institutions.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Mekelle, Ethiopia/ Addis Ababa.
- Position: Security Specialist, Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Programme Specialist, Head of Office Emergency Response, GBV Inter-Agency Coordinator.
Qualification Full Details
- Master’s Degree preferably in Business Administration, Political/Social Science, Psychology, Military Science, Law Enforcement, or similar fields. A Bachelor’s degree plus a military or police academy diploma would be relevant.
- At least 5 years of experience in the relevant field. Ability to work closely with UN counterparts, government officials, IP’s, NGOs and any other multi-lateral institutions.
- UNDSS/UNSMS Security Professional Certification (SCP) required.
- Practical and professional experience in the military, police or humanitarian work;
- Formal training in security risk management.
- Previous experience of working in a conflict/post-conflict or crisis environment is an asset.
- Ability to expeditiously learn, understand and implement Country specific and United Nations Security Management System (UNSMS) policies and procedures;
- Excellent knowledge of the UNSMS, combined with a solid understanding how to work/operate in Humanitarian settings, in particular of Ethiopia.
- Ability to effectively deal with stress factors typically encountered in security management;
- Good technical skills to understand and consolidate the varying specializations such as electronics, communications, and other matters that may impact on staff safety and security.
- Good interpersonal skills and the Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with: mission leadership, security officers in other organizations, specialists in other fields related to security, representatives of local and national governments and the non-government community, with sensitivity and respect. for diversity
- Must be prepared to work in a hardship, highly pressurized and sometimes hazardous environment.
Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) Programme Specialist,Posts
- Master’s Degree preferably in Midwifery, Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, or relevant Social Sciences or other related fields
- At least 5 years of experience of relevant experience in SRH program development and management, preferably in an emergency context, particularly implementing the MISP.
- Field experience in complex emergencies, including humanitarian emergency response.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience within a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Ability to develop and coordinate SRH programs that target refugees, IDPs/returnees and their host communities.
- Coaching and mentoring experiences and skills
Head of Office Emergency Response,Posts
- Master’s Degree preferably in public health, gender studies, humanitarian affairs, human rights, law, economics, statistics, sociology, social work, development studies, public administration, international relations or other related social science disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of experience of increasingly responsible professional experience in relevant humanitarian programming and coordination experience as an international level, preferably related to SRH, GBV and/or emergency response, including field experience.
- Other relevant training in humanitarian response and emergency team leadership are a plus.
- Knowledge of the humanitarian reform process and roles/responsibilities of humanitarian actors.
- Strong analytical, coordination and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management experience within a multinational team environment.
- Skills in building strategic alliance and partnerships, strong communications and inter-personal skills.
- Coaching and mentoring experiences and skills
- Skills working in complex and insecure contexts
- Skills managing diverse teams in rapidly changing environments
GBV Inter-Agency Coordinator, Posts
- Master’s Degree social work or other social sciences, public health, community health, international relations, international law, human rights or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience working on gender-based violence, of which 4 are at the international level, preferably in a humanitarian context. Experience leading inter-agency coordination mechanisms with a wide range of stakeholders. Demonstrable knowledge of the critical components to facilitate effective inter-agency coordination.
- Awareness and demonstrable knowledge of how GBV manifests in humanitarian settings and ability to describe context-specific prevention and response actions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of humanitarian emergency operations, including the Cluster System and HPC, and roles/responsibilities of key humanitarian actors.
- Experience designing and managing GBV programmes in an NGO (recommended).
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill the online application form by visiting official website. Candidates have to visit at ethiopia.unfpa.org/en to fill the application.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on October 09, 2021. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
Congo Building, 5th Floor
Menelik II Avenue
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
P.O. Box 5580
Tel: 251-1- 511-980,
Official Website: ethiopia.unfpa.org/en
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.