UNESCO Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Programme Specialist / Liaison Officer Jobs): Recently UNESCO Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on May 21, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before June 20, 2022.
The mission of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Addis Ababa is to contribute to sustainable human development in a culture of peace underpinned by tolerance, democracy, and human rights through programs and projects in UNESCO’s fields of competence: Education, Natural Sciences, Human and Social Sciences, Culture and Communication and Information.
The UNESCO Addis Ababa Office comprises of the Liaison Office with African Union Commission (AUC ) and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) and the National Office for Ethiopia, under the Nairobi Multisectoral regional office, covering the East Africa region.
UNESCO Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Programme Specialist / Liaison Officer|
|Opening Date||May 21, 2022|
|Closing Date||June 20, 2022|
|Job Category||Private Jobs|
UNESCO Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: NGO Jobs.
- Employment Type: Contract.
- Post Number: 6ETPAX0003RP.
- Grade: P-3.
- Parent Sector: Priority Africa and External Relations Sector (PAX).
- Duty Station: Addis Ababa.
- Job Family: External Relations.
- Type of contract: Fixed Term.
- Duration of contract: 2 years.
- Recruitment open to: Internal and external candidates.
- Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time): 20-JUNE-2022.
- Qualification: Advanced University degree (Masters or equivalent) in International Relations, Social Sciences and/or African development studies, or in an other related field.
- Work Experience: Minimum four (4) years of professional experience in one of UNESCO’s areas of competence, of which preferably two (2) years acqurired at international level.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Languages: Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa.
- Position: Programme Specialist / Liaison Officer.
Requirement Full Details
- Advanced University degree (Masters or equivalent) in International Relations, Social Sciences and/or African development studies, or in an other related field.
- Minimum four (4) years of professional experience in one of UNESCO’s areas of competence, of which preferably two (2) years acqurired at international level.
- Experience in working with African regional and continental organizations.
- Experience in drafting strategic position papers and analytical documents.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of the different work streams of the AUC and Regional Economic Communities.
- Excellent knowledge of the African continent and its developmental challenges.
- Ability to work in a team in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and oral expression.
- Ability to build and sustain effective partnerships inside and outside of the Organization.
- Good knowledge of IT tools, including the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent knowledge of English or French and good knowledge of the other language.
Skills & Competencies
- Knowledge of the Organization’s mandate, vision, strategic direction and priorities.
- Familiarity with the work and general functioning of international organization and/or the UN system.
- Familiarity with the AUC internal mechanisms and procedures.
- Capacity to actively participate in building and strengthening relations with the AUC and the Regional Economic Communities.
- Ability for independent analysis, accurate judgement and keen understanding of African geopolitics.
- Capacity to organize information meetings with the AUC and associated organizations.
- Knowledge of another official language of UNESCO (Arabic, Chinese, Russian or Spanish).
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with UNESCO Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provided.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on June 20, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
Africa Nigar Building
Official Website: en.unesco.org/countries/ethiopia
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.