UNECA Vacancy 2023 (01 Staff Assistant Jobs): Recently UNECA has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on November 23, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before December 20, 2023.
Established by the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) in 1958 as one of the UN’s five regional commissions, ECA’s mandate is to promote the economic and social development of its member States, foster intra-regional integration, and promote international cooperation for Africa’s development. Made up of 54 member States, and playing a dual role as a regional arm of the UN and as a key component of the African institutional landscape, ECA is well positioned to make unique contributions to address the Continent’s development challenges.
UNECA Vacancy 2023
|Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA Ethiopia)
|November 23, 2023
|December 20, 2023
UNECA Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa.
- Position: Staff Assistant.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Five years of experience in general office support or related area is required. The minimum years of relevant experience is reduced to three for candidates who possess a First-Level University Degree of higher.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required.
Within limits of delegated authority and depending on location, Staff Assistants at this level may be responsible for the following duties: (These duties are generic, and may not be performed by all Staff Assistants.)
- Performs, under minimal supervision, the full range of office management and administrative support functions; typically provides direct assistance to a senior officer or manager responsible for a major programme, such as a branch or division.
- Maintains liaison with the Executive Office and with senior officials in other units regarding on-going programmes and other administrative matters; monitors processes and schedules related to the unit’s outputs, products, tasks, etc.
- Ensures smooth and efficient information flow within the unit; prepares and processes confidential information; assists in the development of office administrative systems and procedures.
- Researches, compiles and summarizes background materials for use in preparation of reports, briefs, speeches, etc.
- Provides assistance in the coordination of service-wide activities (meetings, training, etc.), special projects and events.
- Orients new staff to relevant administrative procedures and practices and provides general assistance to other office support staff, as required; may coordinate the work of office support staff in providing meetings servicing/administrative support to various sessions of commissions and other bodies.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with UNECA must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
|Interested Candidates can fill the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.uneca.org to fill the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on December 20, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: www.uneca.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.