UN Habitat Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Economist Jobs): Recently UN Habitat Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on February 01, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before February 10, 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||UN Habitat Ethiopia|
|Opening Date||February 01, 2022|
|Closing Date||February 10, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
UN Habitat Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Permanent.
- Qualification: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in urban economics, economics, economic geography or equivalent and relevant research projects; Formal training in project management is an asset. Recognised experience and knowledge on spatial economic planning, urban socio-economic linkages, urban sociology, economic geography, local economic development, rural-urban linkages and related field. Excellent knowledge of the Ethiopian context and particularly aware of regional economy.
- Experience: A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in urban economics, economics, economic geography or equivalent and relevant research projects and programmes at national level and at least three (3) years of similar experience on planning and development related international projects or on international level is required. Proven experience in planning projects/ programme design and implementation with the UN or other international agencies is desirable. Recognised experience and knowledge with an excellent knowledge on the Ethiopian context.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English (both oral and written) is required. Knowledge of any of the local languages is an asset.
- Agency: HABITAT.
- Title: Economist (UNHABITAT) – Harar.
- Job ID: 41062.
- Practice Area – Job Family: Basic Social Service – URBAN PLANNING.
- Vacancy End Date: (Midnight New York, USA) 10/02/2022.
- Time Left: 9d 19h 7m.
- Duty Station: Dire Dawa, Ethiopia.
- Education & Work Experience: I-Master’s Level Degree – 4 year(s) experience.
- Languages: English.
- Grade: SB4.
- Vacancy Type: Service Contract (SC).
- Posting Type: External.
- Bureau: Africa.
- Contract Duration: One year with a possibility of extension.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with UN Habitat Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the online application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit unhabitat.org to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on February 10, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
UN Habitat Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: unhabitat.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.