UN Habitat Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Programme Management Officer Jobs): Recently UN Habitat Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on May 31, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before June 25, 2022.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||UN Habitat Ethiopia|
|Post Name||Programme Management Officer|
|Opening Date||May 31, 2022|
|Closing Date||June 25, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
UN Habitat Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full-Time.
- Qualification: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in architecture, urban and regional planning, sociology, development studies, economics or physical sciences relevant to urban planning and management is required. A first-level university degree in combination with two (2) years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in project or programme management, urban planning and design, urban management, participatory planning processes or related area, is required. Work experience in the Ethiopia’s urban development context and familiarity with the relevant policies, strategies and plans for urban development in Ethiopia is required. Working experience with an international organization is desirable.
- Language: English and French are the working languages of the UN Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in written and spoken and English is required. Fluency in spoken and written Amharic is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
- Posting Title: PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER, NOC
- Job Code Title: PROGRAMME MANAGEMENT OFFICER
- Department/Office: United Nations Human Settlements Programme
- Duty Station: ADDIS ABABA
- Posting Period: 27 May 2022 – 25 June 2022
- Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-UN-HABITAT-179657-R-Addis Ababa (E)
- Staffing Exercise: N/A
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with UN Habitat Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the online application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit unhabitat.org to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on June 25, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
UN Habitat Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: unhabitat.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.