IRC Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Environmental Health Assistant Jobs): Recently IRC Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on May 14, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before June 13, 2022.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||International Rescue Committee (IRC Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Environmental Health Assistant|
|Opening Date||May 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||June 13, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
IRC Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Qualification: BSc Degree/Diploma in Water Supply, Construction, Water Engineering or related field from universities or colleges.
- Work Experience: Minimum experience of 0-year experience for BSc holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders. NGO experience is plus.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Adama.
- Position: Environmental Health Assistant.
Skills and competencies:
- NGO experience is advantageous special on WASH projects.
- Good skill in handling construction site.
- Mobilizing community to contribute during construction.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skill.
- Good command spoken and written English, Amharic and Afaan Oromo.
- Knowledge of Afaan Oromo is required
- Preference will be given to qualified female candidates.
- Provide technical support at site level in rehabilitation and/or new construction of water facilities including motorized borehole, shallow wells, and rainwater roof harvesting systems, and construction of sanitation facilities.
- Ensure that all construction materials, tools/equipment, and machineries are available for each work as per the specification quality and quantity.
- Undertake regular field supervising visits to assess progress on projects, support staff, and identify technical and implementation issues. Propose solutions to issues, potential improvements, and take action as the need arises to ensure projects meet international standards.
- Inspect and ensure the required quantity and quality of construction materials are delivered to construction sites by the contractors and/or suppliers.
- Evaluates and verifies contractor employee quality, performance through review of undergoing and completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of contractor employees.
- Inspects all WASH construction works and make on time correction and rectification actions to defected constructions.
- Organize and conduct trainings covering Emergency WASH and water quality monitoring at facility level.
- Follow accurate safety procedures and ensure safe working environment and act before any health or safety risk occur.
- Coordinate data and information, prepare, and maintain records, documents, and control plans for the monitoring of projects implementation and follow project activities as per the monitoring tools.
- Supervise and ensure proper management by water committees in Operation and maintenance of the schemes.
- Closely follow up and monitor water tracking activities operationally and quality of water at source, distribution, and consumption points by conducting chlorine residual test and act if needed as per the World Health Organization guideline.
- Register and collect daily Residual chlorine test reading for water track and report to supervisor in weekly basis.
- Train and guide water track monitor on water quality testing at source and dumping and follow up the daily registration of the chlorine residual test reading.
- Ensure accurate application of IRC policies, and procedures in IRC field offices including donor regulations and government policies.
- Train water user associations on basic water scheme management care and project sustainability.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and submit to the supervisor on the work progress of water supply activities.
- Ensure that projects are completed on schedule, according to contractual conditions, within budget, and with adherence to high standards of quality construction.
- Takes additional works as assigned by supervisors
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with IRC Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the online application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.rescue.org to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on June 13, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: www.rescue.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.