IOM Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Senior Movement Operations Manager Jobs): Recently IOM Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on June 03, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before June 15, 2022.
IOM’s presence in Ethiopia goes back to 1995 when it initially implemented the Return of Qualified African Nationals (RQAN) project. The objective of this project was to compensate for the shortage of qualified human resource in developing countries like Ethiopia and thereby assist national development.
In 2005, IOM took a bold step to designate the mission in Ethiopia as Special Liaison Mission (IOM/SLM) with liaison functions to the African Union (AU), United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), and the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD).
IOM Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||International Organization for Migration (IOM Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Senior Movement Operations Manager|
|Opening Date||June 03, 2022|
|Closing Date||June 15, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
IOM Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Qualification: Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Development Studies, Human Rights, International Relations, Law, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
- Work Experience: Experience Only.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa.
- Position: Senior Movement Operations Manager.
- Experience in the field of migrants’ assistance with a government or UN agency, or a regional
or international organization.
- Prior Movement Operations experience, especially in IOM, is highly preferred.
- Direct experience in the region an advantage.
- Transportation-related and/or management experience is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of IOM’s Movement Operations program implementation and administrative, financial, and business rules and practices is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.); Knowledge of spreadsheet and data analysis an added advantage.
- Demonstrated proficiency with IGator, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus.
- Excellent computer skills and a high level of proficiency in spreadsheet and database applications.
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with and lead a team.
- Ability to work with large, multi-cultural teams in a changing environment, including supervision of a team, directly and remotely.
- Good knowledge of UN, IOM, International Organizations and NGO mandates and programmes in migrant’s rights, humanitarian assistance, post conflict migration and development.
- Knowledge of IOM’s Movement Operations programme implementation and administrative, financial, and business rules and practices is desirable.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with IOM Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.iom.int/recruitment to fill the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on June 15, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
International Organization for Migration (IOM Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: ethiopia.iom.int
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.