IOM Ethiopia Vacancy 2023 (01 Finance Officer Jobs): Recently IOM Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on March 18, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before March 30, 2023.
IOM’s presence in Ethiopia goes back to 1995 when it initially implemented the Return of Qualified African Nationals (RQAN) project. The objective of this project was to compensate for the shortage of qualified human resource in developing countries like Ethiopia and thereby assist national development.
In 2005, IOM took a bold step to designate the mission in Ethiopia as Special Liaison Mission (IOM/SLM) with liaison functions to the African Union (AU), United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), and the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD).
IOM Ethiopia Vacancy 2023
|Hiring Organization||International Organization for Migration (IOM Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Finance Officer|
|Opening Date||March 18, 2023|
|Closing Date||March 30, 2023|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
IOM Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa.
- Position: Finance Officer.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or,
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Professional certification as Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) will be an advantage.
- Experience in accounting, financial management and reporting;
- Experience in preparing clear and concise financial and management reports;
- Experience working in and with international institutions;
- Experience with internal control assessment, internal or external audit;
- Previous work experience in the Region is an advantage; and,
- Previous working experience in emergency operations is an advantage.
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
- Knowledge of IOM/UN accounting system, software and procedures, Common System
regulations, policies and procedures are a distinct advantage;
- Familiarity with financial oversight and public administration is an advantage; and,
- Knowledge of MS Office products and good computer literacy skills are required.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in
English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic,
Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of either
French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process,
which may include written and/or oral assessments.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with IOM Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.iom.int/recruitment to fill the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on March 30, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
International Organization for Migration (IOM Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: ethiopia.iom.int
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.