IOM Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Programme Coordinator Jobs): Recently IOM Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on January 14, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before January 27, 2022.
IOM’s presence in Ethiopia goes back to 1995 when it initially implemented the Return of Qualified African Nationals (RQAN) project. The objective of this project was to compensate for the shortage of qualified human resource in developing countries like Ethiopia and thereby assist national development.
In 2005, IOM took a bold step to designate the mission in Ethiopia as Special Liaison Mission (IOM/SLM) with liaison functions to the African Union (AU), United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), and the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD).
IOM Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||International Organization for Migration (IOM Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Programme Coordinator (Joint Labour Migration Programme
|Opening Date||January 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||January 27, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
IOM Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: HR Department
- Qualification: Master’s Degree in Labour Economics, Law, Management, Social Sciences or in Public Administration Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience.
- Work Experience: Experience Only
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules
- Workplace: Addis Ababa
- Position: Programme Coordinator
- Proven experience in Labour, employment, and social protection policies at continental level, coordinating with the AU RECs, coordinating continental policy frameworks, monitoring and evaluation.
- Familiarity with AUC, IOM and ILO policies and procedures.
- Proven knowledge of and experience with AU policy organs relevant to the monitoring of the project.
- Experience in working with the AU, RECs, IOM, ECA, ILO and EU on the fields of labour, employment, social protection, labour migration and labour market information systems.
- Working experience and collaboration with continental and regional social partners’ organizations (Business Africa, OATUU and ITUC Africa).
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in
English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French,
Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- For all applicants, fluency in English and French is required (oral and written). Working
knowledge of other African Union Commission working languages or working knowledge of any
local language is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process,
which may include written and/or oral assessments.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with IOM Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.iom.int/recruitment to fill the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on January 27, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
International Organization for Migration (IOM Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: ethiopia.iom.int
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.