IOM Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Head of Programmes Jobs): Recently IOM Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on Nov. 25, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before Dec. 07, 2022.
IOM’s presence in Ethiopia goes back to 1995 when it initially implemented the Return of Qualified African Nationals (RQAN) project. The objective of this project was to compensate for the shortage of qualified human resource in developing countries like Ethiopia and thereby assist national development.
In 2005, IOM took a bold step to designate the mission in Ethiopia as Special Liaison Mission (IOM/SLM) with liaison functions to the African Union (AU), United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), and the Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD).
IOM Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||International Organization for Migration (IOM Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Head of Programmes|
|Opening Date||Nov. 25, 2022|
|Closing Date||Dec. 07, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
IOM Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Qualification: Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Law and/or International Relations or a related field from an accredited academic institution with ten years of relevant professional experience; or University degree in the above fields with twelve years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience: Proven International experience managing migration related programmes in multiple thematic areas covering emergency, stabilization and development programmes including capacity-building activities & Experience in project development, administration, evaluation, and resource mobilization in challenging donor environments.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Position: Head of Programmes.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization;
- Excellent donor liaison and fundraising skills;
- Excellent track record of effective working relationships with private sector, government officials and UN agencies;
- Proven leadership and negotiation skills, particularly in a multi-stakeholder and multi-cultural environment;
- Sound knowledge of financial and business administration and of management practises/principles;
- Sound and proven understanding of internal and international migration issues as they relate to migration policies;
- In depth Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming; and,
- Knowledge of IOM project development procedures (including PRIMA) and processes.
- IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
- External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
- For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Arabic, French, and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with IOM Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.iom.int/recruitment to fill the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on Dec. 07, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
International Organization for Migration (IOM Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: ethiopia.iom.int
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.