ILRI Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Scientist – Gender Quantitative Jobs): Recently ILRI Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on May 14, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before June 11, 2022.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works for better lives through livestock in developing countries. ILRI is co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, has 14 offices across Asia and Africa, employs some 700 staff and has an annual operating budget of about USD80 million.
ILRI is a CGIAR research centre, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR centres in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector. www.cgiar.org
ILRI Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Scientist – Gender Quantitative|
|Opening Date||May 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||June 11, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
ILRI Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Qualification: PhD. in Agricultural Economics, Development Anthropology, Agribusiness or related field.
- Work Experience: A minimum five years relevant experience post-PhD.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Position: Scientist – Gender Quantitative.
Requirement Full Details:
- PhD. in Agricultural Economics, Development Anthropology, Agribusiness or related field
- A minimum five years relevant experience post-PhD
- Expertise in quantitative analysis and gender research
- Track record of engagement in peer-reviewed publications
- Experience (required): quantitative and gender analysis. Strong STATA and/or R skills.
- Experience with the implementation and development of tools like WEAI, pro-WEAI, WELI, WELBI and analysis of data from these same tools – is an advantage
- Experience in working with interdisciplinary research projects involving experts on gender, animal breeding, animal health and a range of other livestock-related expertise
- Familiarity with feminist economics topics particularly related to aspects of livestock economics is desirable
- Experience working with development partners
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Conduct quantitative gender analysis in livestock with non-gender scientists and within the gender team for multi-disciplinary integrated and strategic gender research
- Support with the Women’s Empowerment in Livestock Index (WELI) and the Women’s Empowerment in Livestock Business Index (WELBI) to further develop the tools, analyze produced data and other related tasks
- Write peer-reviewed publications on gender analysis in livestock development and other relevant communication products
- Supervise staff working in gender research as relevant
- Provide guidance to integrating gender in ILRI programs and projects across one or more of the livestock pillars: feeds and forages, genetics and animal health
- Build collaborations with relevant institutions and organizations internationally and nationally to conduct research on gender and disseminate evidence for influencing policy and practice
- Develop proposals to raise resources to support gender research.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with ILRI Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Applications: Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the role and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 11 June 2022. The position title and reference number: PIL/427/2022 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on June 11, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
P.O. Box 5689
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Phone: +251-11 617 2000
Fax: +251-11 617 2001
Official Website: www.ilri.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.