ILRI Ethiopia Vacancy 2021 (03 Consultancy, Post-Doctoral Scientist – Food Safety and Animal Health, Research Fellow Jobs): Recently ILRI Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on October 02, 2021. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before October 12, 2021/ October 31, 2021.
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) works for better lives through livestock in developing countries. ILRI is co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, has 14 offices across Asia and Africa, employs some 700 staff and has an annual operating budget of about USD80 million.
ILRI is a CGIAR research centre, a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR centres in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations and the private sector. www.cgiar.org
ILRI Ethiopia Vacancy 2021
|Hiring Organization||International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Consultancy, Post-Doctoral Scientist – Food Safety and Animal Health, Research Fellow|
|Opening Date||October 02, 2021|
|Closing Date||October 12, 2021/ October 31, 2021|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
ILRI Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2021 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Permanent.
- Qualification: MSc or MVSc in Veterinary Science is preferred/ Possess M.Sc. or/and recent PhD obtained within the last two years.
- Work Experience: 5 years and above in Veterinary science experience and expertise in curriculum design and adult learning.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa.
- Position: Consultancy, Post-Doctoral Scientist – Food Safety and Animal Health, Research Fellow.
Qualification Details & More Requirement
- MSc or MVSc in Veterinary Science is preferred
- 5 years and above in Veterinary science experience and expertise in curriculum design and adult learning
Post-Doctoral Scientist – Food Safety and Animal Health,Posts
- Veterinarian or scientist with a PhD and proven track record in research on animal health and veterinary public health such as food safety
- Animal health or zoonoses policy experience such as disease prioritization methods
- Research experience on infectious disease control
- Understanding of livestock production systems in Africa, preferably including Ethiopia
- Experience in food safety in informal markets desirable, preferably in Ethiopia
- Fluent in Amharic desirable
Research Fellow Posts
- Possess M.Sc. or/and recent PhD obtained within the last two years.
- Be an Ethiopian national between the ages of 30-42 years.
- Possess working experience for at least four years in seed potato systems innovation, potato disease diagnostics and management particularly bacterial wilt, viruses, and late blight.
- Be proficient in at least one of the major statistical software packages such as: SPSS, R, Stata, Genstat, SAS, etc.
- Should have good knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications particularly MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Have high proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Possess good analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming will be an added advantage
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with ILRI Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
- Application Type: Online
|Applicants should send a cover letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the role and the names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Director, People and Organizational Development through our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ before 31/10/2021. The position title and reference number: PDOC/27/2021 should be clearly marked on the subject line of the online application.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for ILRI. Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). ILRI also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/ilricrowd/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on October 12, 2021/ October 31, 2021. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF (Consultancy, / Post-Doctoral Scientist – Food Safety and Animal Health, / Research Fellow)|
P.O. Box 5689
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Phone: +251-11 617 2000
Fax: +251-11 617 2001
Official Website: www.ilri.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.