IFPRI Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 Consultant for Data Collection Jobs): Recently IFPRI Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on June 14, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before June 20, 2022.
IFPRI Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)|
|Post Name||Consultant for Data Collection|
|Opening Date||June 14, 2022|
|Closing Date||June 20, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
IFPRI Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules
- Workplace: Addis Ababa
- Position: Consultant for Data Collection.
The selected organization would be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Provide comments on the survey developed by the IFPRI team.
- Ensure the survey is properly translated into Somali.
- Programming the survey into a CAPI program agreed upon with IFPRI.
- Ensure that ethics approval is obtained.
- Test the survey program extensively. Additionally, provide the program to the IFPRI team for testing, and respond to comment provided by the IFPRI team.
- Agree with IFPRI on a sampling procedure for the four general areas (Sheder, Aw Barre, Kebri Beyah, and Dollo Ado). Ensure that the sample procedure will end up with a mix of refugee and host respondents. The sampling outside refugee camps should take place through a random walk; some interaction with camp authorities may be necessary for sampling within camps.
- Develop a training plan to be approved by the IFPRI team.
- Hire and train enumerator team according to the training plan.
- Conduct survey piloting prior to or as a part of the training. Allow for survey changes in response to the survey pilot
- Develop a logistics plan for survey implementation to be approved by IFPRI.
- Conduct survey with approximately 800 households, using sampling plan
- Provide regular updates via email during implementation. IFPRI should have access to raw data as it is collected.
- Audit at least 10% of surveyed households
- Conduct data cleaning and provide final data and report of completed survey.
IFPRI can work with the contractor to make sure there is access to Dollo Ado, and there is no need to budget the activity in advance.
Deliverables (Tentative Schedule, to be agreed upon once the contract is written)
- Survey training plan: June 30th
- Translated and programmed survey instrument: July 14th
- Programmed survey instrument: July 14th
- Survey implementation logistics plan: July 14th
- Ethical approval from appropriate in-country organization: July 14
- Short report on survey piloting: July 20
- Regular updates during training and implementation: bi-weekly to weekly
- Raw dataset following survey conclusion: August 31
- Cleaned baseline dataset: August 31
- The firm must have the ability to collect data in Ethiopia.
- The firm must have experience collecting household survey data using electronic data collection, preferably with experience with agricultural households in the north of Vietnam.
- Experience in Somali region, and experience with refugee interviews is preferred.
- Experience collecting household surveys for research projects is preferred.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with IFPRI Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.ifpri.org to fill out the application.
Note: We are unable to respond to every applicant individually; only selected applicants will be contacted.
Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on June 20, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: www.ifpri.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.