Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network Vacancy 2022 (01 Internal Auditor Jobs): Recently Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on September 12, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before September 20, 2022.
Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network|
|Post Name||Internal Auditor|
|Opening Date||September 12, 2022|
|Closing Date||September 20, 2022|
|Job Category||Reporter Jobs|
Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: HR Department
- Salary Offer: As per Company Scale
- Workplace: Addis Ababa
- Contact Number: +251 911 89 97 79/ +251912042512
- Position: Internal Auditor
- MA/BA in accounting or finance; economics; business administration or other relevant fields
- Professional accounting certification is also an asset
- A minimum of 5/8 years in an internal audit role in a donor funded projects
- Duty station: Addis Ababa and it may require occasional travel
- Duration: On contract basis with possible extension
- Salary: As per the salary scale of the Centre
- Number of candidates for the position: One
Duties and responsibilities
- Contributes to the financial, operational, compliance, control and governance functions of the Centre;
- Checks the financial operations manuals are properly applied, rules are followed, government and funding organizations guidelines are properly implemented and no breaches of government policies occur in the operations of the organization
- Verifies that all financial reports are reliable, compliant with applicable local laws and international standards, as well as any internal guidelines set by the Centre’s top management;
- Conducts a complete assessment of what aspects need to be looked at, what data will be required, planning for resources, budgets, etc.;
- Conducts data analysis of all available information in order to perform a thorough risk assessment and identify any errors or control issues and report to the management and the board for the necessary corrective action that may be taken;
- Develops annual Audit plan and conduct the audit accordingly;
- Distributes finding to management and board;
- Conducts ad-hoc investigations into identified or reported risks;
- Checks robust control, reporting and governance structure are in place for effective financial stability and reduced risk of operational lapses;
- Controls that robust reporting and governance structure are in place for effective financial stability and reduced risk of operational lapses; and
- Collects the right data from the relevant sources/projects/partners/ and in a timely manner.
Risk management skills
- Identify and reduce the overall operational risks thorough understanding of risk management principles
- Come up with plans and implementation strategies in order to better control and monitor those risks and take timely corrective actions
Have a multidisciplinary approach combined with operational, technological, risk management and business principles
Project management skills
In order to effectively plan, execute and report on such audit missions
- A thorough understanding of local laws related to the business as well as international accounting and reporting standards;
- Internal guidelines, control mechanisms and governance rules that need to be followed; and
- Understanding regional policies and procedures to effectively perform his/her duties.
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills in order to get the relevant data from the relevant people and at the right time;
- clearly understand the Centre that is being audited in order to be effective at his/her job; and
- Communicate effectively to management, the board or other decision-makers where laws or regulations have not been followed.
- Advanced computational and data analytics techniques
- Knowledge of relevant database management tools
Team management, budgeting, task allocation, coordination, conflict management skills to lead a team and achieve the intended goals
Designing and maintaining a control structure
- Process guidelines, reporting chains, system architecture, technology processes;
- Validate the quality of these control structures/mechanisms and document their effectiveness to prevent operational or other lapses; and
- Suggest improvements if any loopholes are detected to ensure quality control and governance.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
|Applications can only be accepted through the following e-mail:
Send your cover letter, CV and relevant credentials in a single pdf format and please write the position that you are applying for on the subject line. Applications sent in Scanjet, word, CAM scanner and other media will be rejected immediately.
Deadline for Application: September 20, 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on September 20, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
Horn of Africa Regional Environment Centre and Network
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.