GGGI Ethiopia Vacancy 2023 (01 Senior Officer Green Investment & Project Development Jobs): Recently GGGI Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on September 15, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before September 25, 2023.
The Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) is a treaty-based international, inter-governmental organization dedicated to supporting and promoting strong, inclusive and sustainable economic growth in developing countries and emerging economies.
GGGI Ethiopia Vacancy 2023
|Hiring Organization||Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||Senior Officer Green Investment & Project Development|
|Opening Date||September 15, 2023|
|Closing Date||September 25, 2023|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
GGGI Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa.
- Position: Senior Officer Green Investment & Project Development.
Qualification Full Details
- A MBA or Masters level in economics, finance, or related fields.
- Preferably 7-10 years of total experience with significant experience in project development, project financing and/or investment appraisal in public or private sector organizations
- Experience with project finance, private or public sector projects, and/or in PPP transactions is a must.
- At least 2 years of international experience is required
- Experience working directly with one or more Investment banks/ Private Equity/ multilaterals would be an advantage.
- Proven experience and expertise as manager in project origination, feasibility assessment, preparation
- Experience in creating and analyzing financial models, balance sheets and historical and project financial statement
- Experience in conducing industry and market research and leading business development efforts
- Experience of working with high-level government officials, international organizations, multilateral development banks etc.
- Good understanding of the Africa banking sector – knowledge of the regional banking sector a plus
- Experience with climate finance and investment banking is a plus.
- Understanding of the institutional arrangements and processes for public investment is a plus
- Thematic experience in energy efficiency, waste management, water infrastructure financing preferred
- Provide financial know-how through advice and substantive inputs in areas including energy efficiency, Agriculture, Forestry, solid waste management and sanitation;
- Design financial structures and instruments which can meet risk-reward expectations of investors and enable capital flows into the sectors related to the AU-GRAP Program
- Support scaling up national level financial institutions.
- Develop green bankable projects, identify pipelines of investment opportunities, elaborate business models and structure ideas into appealing investment projects
- Identify and engage potential public and private financiers;
- Present investment and policy recommendations to government agencies and relevant partners;
- Advise government on creating an enabling environment for investment through policy incentives and regulations;
- Sharing experience gained through country activities and engagement in international networks into elements of South-South cooperation programs, sub-regional knowledge sharing programs and national level capacity building activities;
- Play a key role into the design of the Expressions of Interests, Concept Notes and/or Proposals as necessary based on agreed actions;
- Maintain a reliable system of tracking and monitoring business development data and knowledge management of donors/partners and their requirements.
- Assess issues and opportunities within targeted thematic areas for development of concept notes and proposals;
- Develop result reporting of business development activities internally and externally;
- Developing content for knowledge, training and communication materials on green investment
- Demonstrated ability to formulate project proposals in compliance with requirements of various climate finance funds
- Ability to interact and form relationships with high-level government officials and partners Experienced in leading and formulating partnerships and networks to achieve and disseminate results
- Handle complex multi-stakeholder relationships
- Maintain a high degree of professional integrity
- Be willing to travel within Africa
- Effectively communicate, listen to others, and translate investment concepts into simple language for a non-expert audience
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with GGGI Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit gggi.org to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on September 25, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: gggi.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.