Frankfurt Zoological Society Vacancy 2022 (01 Community Natural Resource Management Officer Jobs): Recently Frankfurt Zoological Society has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on Sep. 07, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before Sep. 16, 2022.
Frankfurt Zoological Society Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||Frankfurt Zoological Society|
|Post Name||Community Natural Resource Management Officer|
|Opening Date||Sep. 07, 2022|
|Closing Date||Sep. 16, 2022|
|Job Category||Reporter Jobs|
Frankfurt Zoological Society Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Offer: As per Company Scale
- Workplace: Bale Mountains National Park, Oromia Region, Ethiopia
- Reporting to: Grazing and Settlement Technical Advisor
- Duration: Up to 9 months, renewable depending on funds
- Position: Community Natural Resource Management Officer
- Official Website: fzs.org
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with all Participatory Natural Resource Management (PNRM) CBOs in all kebeles within their given landscape/woreda on issues related to Park Community Agreements (PCAs), zoning and use plans, governance, monitoring, reporting, the kebele ranger programme, and so on.
- Responsible as the focal point for BMNP/FZS for all PNRM CBOs and kebeles.
- Responsible for attending Park Community Dialogue Forums (PCDFs) related to their landscape/woreda, and for helping the PNRM CBOs to prepare for those meetings.
- Responsible for supporting the PNRM CBOs in the development and implementation of their monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and adherence to the terms and conditions of their PCAs.
- Responsible for building the capacity of the kebele rangers and coordinating their work.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the PNRM CBOs and kebele rangers.
- Responsible for implementing the Payment for Environmental Services (PES) and Payment for Avoided Fire (PAF) schemes.
- Work in close coordination with the relevant woreda based BMNP stakeholder offices to community pressure reduction of the BMNP associated kebeles
- Responsible for providing monthly reports on all activities within their
- landscape/woreda to the Grazing and Settlements Technical Advisor.
- Other duties related to the community natural resource management programme.
- Higher education in NRM. (Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Management)
- 2 years work experience in the field of natural resource management in NGOs
- Knowledge of conservation, Participatory Natural Resource Management, protected area management, community engagement and law enforcement issues in the Bale ecoregion
- Knowledge of relevant planning tools e.g. SMART and GMETT
- Fluency in Afan Oromo, and ideally in English. (Fluency in spoken Afan Oromo and Good communication in written and spoken English are desirable)
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in the field camping in tents and enduring what at times can be tough conditions.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision and staying on task
- Ability to work with local communities and represent BMNP and FZS in a professional manner.
- Ability to use a laptop with proficiency in MS Office or Certificate in IT will be advantageous
- Ability to use a GPS and to map using ArcGIS, QGIS, etc will be advantageous
- Ability and license to drive a motorbike will be advantageous.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with Frankfurt Zoological Society must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
|Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV to the following address:
Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS)
firstname.lastname@example.org, or submit it in person to FZS offices in Addis Ababa, Dinsho or BaleRobe.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Application deadline will be ten (10) days from the first day of announcement.
Note: Candidates should apply Application before the closing date of application on Sep. 16, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
Frankfurt Zoological Society
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: fzs.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.