FAO Ethiopia Vacancy 2022 (01 National Project Personnel – Administrative Support (Human Resources) Jobs): Recently FAO Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on August 26, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before September 08, 2022.
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Our goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger.
FAO Ethiopia Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO Ethiopia)|
|Post Name||National Project Personnel – Administrative Support (Human Resources)|
|Opening Date||August 26, 2022|
|Closing Date||September 08, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
FAO Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs.
- Employment Type: Full Time.
- Department: HR Department.
- Qualification: Secondary school education supplemented by relevant training in Human Resources Management, Administration and related fields. University degree is desirable but it is not a requirement.
- Work Experience: Four years of progressively responsible work experience in HR, business or public administration and office management.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Working knowledge (level C) of English and working knowledge of the local language is required.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa.
- Position: National Project Personnel – Administrative Support (Human Resources).
- Job Posting: 24/Aug/2022
- Closure Date: 08/Sep/2022, 3:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRETH – FAO Representation in Ethiopia
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
- Duration: Six months with possibility of extension subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds
- Post Number: N/A
- IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support the recruitment of local personnel [i.e. Personal Service Agreement (PSA), National Project Personnel (NPP), etc.] for all programmes and projects (SFE and FRETH), liaising with relevant officers; submit electronic Personnel Processing Requests (ePPR) through Global Resources Management System (GRMS) for approval, ensuring that the appropriate contract type is entered, and prepare corresponding local personnel contracts;
- Liaising with relevant officers, ensure that terms of reference (TOR) for local personnel (PSA and NPP) are prepared following the approved TOR format, and with clearly defined result-based duties and outputs;
- Ensure Note for the File (NFF) is prepared and approved for all short term locally recruited short term personnel;
- Support the preparation and advertisement of Vacancy Announcements using standard formats and following relevant guidelines for the recruitment of personnel; compile and collate applications received for various PSA and NPP positions;
- Maintain local personnel database by inserting (and updating) details of personnel contracts issued for all programmes and projects (SFE and FRETH), including contract beginning and ending dates;
- Assist in the monthly updates of personnel related information for both SFE and FAOR Ethiopia offices for update of the FAO Telephone directory, UNDSS staff list, Office space plan etc.;
- Process Separation Clearance form for local personnel (PSA, NPP) requiring termination of services, making sure that the termination is reflected in GRMS and Finance is informed for holding last pay until clearance is fully processed;
- Ensure Quality Assessment Reports are completed by supervisors on time for local personnel (PSA, NPP) as a prerequisite for extension of contractual services;
- Assist in organizing interviews and act as a rapporteur in panels for national Non Staff Human Resources (NSHRs);
- Provide administrative support to the recruitment of international consultants during the absence of the personnel assigned;
- Act as a focal point for the eFile system and ensure maintenance of proper filing system (both manual & electronic) for NSHR records and documents including archives;
- Assist in the coordination of FAO Language exams for all staff and invigilate as may be required
- Maintain leave records of National Project Personnel (SFE and FRETH) and prepare reports showing balances to managers; and to ensure that the relevant absence forms are duly approved, submitted and filed;
- Assist in updating information related to FAO Ethiopia and SFE projects personnel in COIN;
- Track and keep database of mandatory documents and trainings for all personnel of SFE and FRETH.
- Prepare by-weekly vacancy status report and follow up on actions to be taken.
- Draft correspondence related to assigned duties;
- Perform other related duties as required.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with FAO Ethiopia must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit www.fao.org to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on September 08, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO Ethiopia)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Official Website: www.fao.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.