Embassy of Ireland Ethiopia Vacancy 2023 (01 Driver Jobs): Recently Embassy of Ireland Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on May 30, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before June 12, 2023.
Embassy of Ireland Ethiopia Vacancy 2023
|Embassy of Ireland Ethiopia
|May 30, 2023
|June 12, 2023
Embassy of Ireland Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: HR Department
- Salary: Entry point of scale for Grade B (€6,339.84 per annum). Salaries are paid direct to a bank account; therefore, the successful candidate must have a bank account.
- Workplace: Addis Ababa
- Position: Driver
- Candidates must be fluent in English;
- A minimum of five years previous driving experience working with Embassies, nongovernmental organizations or international organizations;
- Extensive previous driving experience including at executive level;
- Extensive experience of urban and field driving;
- 12 grade completion, valid 3rd grade driving licence, and highly competent driving skills;
- Knowledge of general vehicle mechanics;
- A very good geographical knowledge of the country;
- Security management skills, understanding of security operations and procedures;
- Ability to exercise good judgement and decision making;
- A high level of discretion, commitment and reliability;
- A flexible attitude and ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Excellent punctuality and time management;
- Ability to use GPS/online maps;
- Availability to work out-of-hours and additional hours, as required;
- Medical/Health checks will apply;
- The successful candidate must have a legal entitlement to live and work in Ethiopia prior to recruitment.
- Location: Embassy of Ireland, Addis Ababa
Working hours: 48 hours per week including evening and weekend work. Individuals unavailable to work out-of-hours should not apply for this post.
Eligibility: Candidates must have a permanent, legal right to reside and work in Ethiopia and will be subject to employment and taxation law.
Closing date:12 of June 2023 at 1700hrs
Selection process: Please send ONLY a completed application form to ADDISABABA ExternalEmail@dfa.ie or to the postal address Ireland Embassy, P.O.Box 99585 Addis Ababa or in person at the reception desk of the Embassy, before the closing date, with “Application for Driver” in the subject line. Depending on response rates, the deadline may be extended. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Application form can be obtained:
- on Embassy’s website: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/ethiopia/; or through email request to ADDISABABAExternalEmail@dfa.ie; or in person from reception desk, Ireland Embassy (hard copy).
- Depending on the number of applications received, a short-listing of candidates to be called for a competency-based interview may be undertaken based on the
- Essential/Key Requirements above.
- It is planned that interviews will be held before the end of [Insert Month/Year].
- A skills test will be included in the recruitment process;
- A second interview may be included in the recruitment process;
- A panel may be set up depending on the calibre of candidates;
General Data Protection Regulation:
- All personal information received will be kept in line with GDPR guidelines.
Security Clearance for Local Staff
- Police security clearance will be sought in respect of individuals who come under consideration for appointment. Enquiries may also be made with the police force of any country in which the applicant under consideration for appointment resided. If unsuccessful, this information will be destroyed. If the applicant subsequently comes under consideration for another position, they will be required to supply this information again.
Please note that canvassing will disqualify applicants.
The Embassy of Ireland, Addis Ababa is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity.
Embassy of Ireland Ethiopia
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.