DRC Ethiopia Vacancy 2023 (01 Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist Jobs): Recently DRC Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on 09th December, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before 28th December, 2023.
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009.
DRC Ethiopia Vacancy 2023
|Hiring Organization||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Post Name||Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist|
|Opening Date||09th December, 2023|
|Closing Date||28th December, 2023|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
DRC Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Salary Offer: As per rules
- Position Title: Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist
- Workplace: Addis Ababa (Ethiopia)
- Department/Country: East Africa and Great Lakes Region
- Contract type: National contract
- Application due: 12/28/2023
- Position: Regional Safeguarding and Code of Conduct Specialist
- Official Website: drc.ngo
- At least 6-years work experience in relevant field INGO or other agencies experience in Safeguarding;
- At least two (3) years’ experience as a trained and practicing investigator, especially of fraud and corruption cases ;
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminology, Law, Human rights or any other relevant experience;
- CHS PSEAH Investigation or other investigation certificates;
- Experience working in the humanitarian aid or development sector with INGOs
- Experience working in an international organization with other cultures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in conducting training sessions, facilitating meetings
- Able to work professionally and with a high degree of confidentiality at all times;
- Fluent and articulate in spoken and written English;
- Advanced knowledge of other regional languages: French, Swahili, Somali, etc
- Ability to work independently, but also coordinate effectively as part of a team;
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
The role will have the following key responsibilities :
- Effectively plan and execute impartial, thorough, timely and survivor-sensitive investigations into allegations of sexual misconduct, sexual abuse and exploitation, child abuse, trafficking, corruption, theft, financial fraud among others ;
- Obtain, review and maintain relevant documentation related to an investigation;
- Conduct interviews of the complainant/survivor, reporting person and other relevant witnesses;
- Take statements; analyses facts, determines findings, and evidence;
- Advise on the provision of survivor-centered support to survivors and witnesses ;
- Provide regular updates on the status of the investigations to the ReSCO ;
- Prepare detailed written investigation reports which will be submitted to the ReSCO ;
- Maintain organized, confidential, and thorough investigation files ;
- Identify and propose relevant key lessons learned from investigations for the organization to consider when revising policies, procedures, and training ;
- Prepares complete and concise investigation reports and conducts post-investigation tasks;
- Provide training and capacity building activities on the Code of Conduct, SEAH Policy to relevant staff and other stakeholders;
- Performs other investigative duties as required or directed by the ReSCO;
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with Danish Refugee Council (DRC) must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
|Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
DRC only accepts applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.ngo under JOB/ Vacancies.
Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 28th December, 2023.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on 28th December, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
Danish Refugee Council Ethiopia, (DRC Ethiopia)
Phone: +251 91 161 2557
Official Website: drc.ngo
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.