DRC Ethiopia Vacancy 2023 (01 Finance Coordinator Jobs): Recently DRC Ethiopia has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on March 24, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before April 05, 2023.
More Vacancies DRC Ethiopia 2023
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), an international non-governmental organization (NGO), has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. DRC promotes and supports solutions to the problems faced by refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs), and migrants. The organization has offices across the region, and has been operational in Ethiopia since 2009.
DRC Ethiopia Vacancy 2023
|Hiring Organization||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Post Name||Finance Coordinator|
|Opening Date||March 24, 2023|
|Closing Date||April 05, 2023|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
DRC Ethiopia Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Workplace: Addis Ababa
- Position: Finance Coordinator
- University degree in Financial Management, Accounting, or any other relevant field.
- Professional finance or accounting qualification
- At least five year’s work experience in field of finance/accounting/book keeping in large international NGOs
- Experience managing complex projects involving coordination with multiple project stakeholders
- Proven experience in NGO programme budget management, including reporting and compliance related to large institutional donor organisations (EU, ECHO, USAID, FCDO, etc.)
- Advanced experience/skills in MS Excel and Power BI.
- Experience in using ERP systems
- Excellent communication, analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations between programs & support
- Proven commitment to accountable practices
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Ability to travel regularly within the region – including in conflict affected areas
- Proficiency in English is a strong preference; while other regional languages are beneficial
The Finance Coordinator refers to and works in close collaboration with the finance and senior project staff of each country within the region. Specific responsibilities include:
- Define and analyse the project budget to ensure that funds are used according to internal and external regulations, proposing corrective actions if needed
- Preparing budget re-alignments where needed in collaboration with Country Office finance teams
- Oversight of financial and administrative management of portfolio projects, ensuring compliance with DRC and donor rules and regulations
- Organising and leading monthly budget vs actual reviews meeting & monitor burn rates and advise programme teams accordingly
- Ensuring the timely and quality completion of all financial deliverables, including reports in accordance with donor guidelines
- Providing additional technical assistance to implementing partners as necessary to maintain standards comparable to DRC operations
- Developing a strong working relationship with the finance focal point of each country and each field team.
- To oversee the process related to the completeness, accuracy and validity of information regarding payment documents before payments are effected
- Ensure financial statutory compliance is achieved where required across the country operations, including taxation and government reporting requirements
- Providing financial management support for regional project close-out process and external audit activity.
- To provide capacity building of both finance and non-finance programme staff
- Serve as a superuser for the ERP Systems and ensure its correct use for financial and accounting matters
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with Danish Refugee Council (DRC) must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check the eligibility for the application submission.
|Interested Candidates can fill out the application form by visiting the official website. Candidates have to visit the website to fill out the application.
Note: Candidates should apply online before the closing date of application on June 19, 2023. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
Danish Refugee Council Ethiopia, (DRC Ethiopia)
Phone: +251 91 161 2557
Official Website: drc.ngo
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.