Christian Blind Mission Vacancy 2023 (01 Business Development Manager Jobs): Recently Christian Blind Mission has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on August 07, 2023. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before August 11, 2023.
Christian Blind Mission Vacancy 2023
|Christian Blind Mission
|Business Development Manager
|August 07, 2023
|August 11, 2023
Christian Blind Mission Job Vacancy 2023 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: HR Department
- Salary Offer: As per Company Scale
- Workplace: Addis Ababa
- Position: Business Development Manager
- Official Website: www.cbm.org
These Are Your Responsibilities
Local Lead of key Business Development (BD) activities:
- Lead of country specific Business Development (BD) activities, coordinating with the Country Director (CD), Regional Programme Manager and relevant technical leads
- Coordination of country input in opportunity assessment and proposal development
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources – and inform relevant internal stakeholders.
- Conduct a periodic pipeline analysis and presentations to CO senior management to refocus on strategic financing and growth. Project Management of Business Development initiatives:
- Implementation of the Country Pilot Programme: Local set-up (including landscape analysis, where required), tracking implementation, monitoring / reporting, and troubleshooting – reporting back to the Country Director and Institutional Donors Business Development Lead. Planning and Coordination:
- Assessment of Partner portfolio vs. Business Development targets, support development of in-country Consortia portfolio and new partners
- Input into Country Strategic Planning
- Coordinate Business Development plans within the CBM ‘three Way Working Model’
- Communicate status updates and collaborate with Institutional Donors team on progress against Business Development goals and donor lead
- Manage Individual Donor open solicitations and other proposal submissions, including teaming discussions and bid strategy, oversight of and contribution to design and cost proposal, capacity statements, and internal review/quality control processes as per set timelines.
- Ensure that all business meetings are duly minuted, tracked, and coordinated with line manager.
- Establish long standing and successful relationship with key partners through conducting stakeholders mapping and developing strategies to building relationship.
- Donor Development, Relationship Management & Networking:
- Lead the in-country stakeholder mapping, prioritization and develop strategies for networking.
- Relationship management and Networking with donor and strategic partner contacts in the country,
- Represent CBM’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks
- Opportunity-identification and horizon-scanning for new strategic prospects within core donor set Support development and management of strategic partnership, in liaison with the Country Office Programme Manager and Finance Manager Capacity Building
- Support the development of Country Office capacity in order to increase financial gains for CBM strategy 2030.
- Setup and support implementation of capacity-building and strengthening activities within Country Office, while at the same time fostering lateral learning
- University Degree in social work, development studies or any other relevant course
- MBA is advantageous
- Substantive experience in the development sector in new business development, Partnership Building, Networking, proposal writing and consortium approaches to programming
- Experience working with and designing for bilateral and multilateral donor funding mechanisms, policies, and procedures i.e. USAID, EU, BMZ, UNICEF, UNDP, WHO etc.
- Experience in individual and foundation fundraising.
- Proven track fund raising track record.
- Team Management
- Knowledge and experience in business development, fundraising concepts and practice in the development sector
- Proficiency in writing, editing, research, organization and time management
- Experience in capacity building and providing technical support and guidance
- Structured, quality-oriented and solution-oriented approach to work
- Independent, outgoing personality with high professional & social competence and diplomatic skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments, cultures, and time zones
- Very good knowledge of English, additional language skills (German or French) are an advantage
- Willingness and flexibility to travel to partner countries of development cooperation
- Willingness to adhere and commit to CBM’s Code of conduct, CBM Values and Safeguarding Policy
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit.
This position is only filled locally. With contractual conditions of the respective country. An expatriation is not intended.
Please apply exclusively online via our applicant portal (see APPLY NOW). https://jobs.cbm.org/
A letter of motivation, CV and relevant (work) references complete your application. We look forward to receiving your application!
Your contact person: Ms Hellen Kwendo
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.
Christian Blind Mission
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.