Action Against Hunger Vacancy 2022 (01 Chief of Party – Community Nutrition Activity (CNA) program Jobs): Recently Action Against Hunger has drafted a job vacancy announcement Addis Zemen notification on June 11, 2022. Ethiopian Jobseeker may apply for this job on or before June 21, 2022.
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 7 countries: Ethiopia, Haiti, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Action Against Hunger-USA has over $60 million in programs, and approximately 1,600 permanent staff based in New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi, and country offices. Additional growth is anticipated.
Action Against Hunger Vacancy 2022
|Hiring Organization||Action Against Hunger|
|Post Name||Chief of Party – Community Nutrition Activity (CNA) program|
|Opening Date||June 11, 2022|
|Closing Date||June 21, 2022|
|Job Category||NGO Jobs|
Action Against Hunger Job Vacancy 2022 Details
- Organization Type: Private Jobs
- Employment Type: Full Time
- Department: HR Department
- Qualification: Master’s Degree from an accredited university in public health, nutrition, or relevant field
- Work Experience: At least fifteen (15+) years of experience in the successful implementation of international development activities of a similar size and scope, preferably in Ethiopia or Africa.
- Salary Offer: As Per Rules
- Workplace: Addis Ababa
- Position: Chief of Party – Community Nutrition Activity (CNA) program
Qualification Full Details
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university in public health, nutrition, or relevant field.
- At least fifteen (15+) years of experience in the successful implementation of international development activities of a similar size and scope, preferably in Ethiopia or Africa.
- At least eight (8+) years of experience as a COP or in a comparable managerial position on donor-funded projects, preferably for USAID programs, with demonstrated experience working in Ethiopia.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of community engagement in Ethiopia, especially in 2nd or 3rd tier communities.
- Proven experience building capacity for local government and community leaders, especially those populations under 30 years of age in Ethiopia, through small grants or other methodologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and policies.
- Known reputation and offers outstanding referrals for successfully building and effectively managing a diverse team of employees and partners.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/supervise a diverse team on projects of similar scale financially, culturally, staff size, and activities).
- Demonstrated experience with multisectoral nutrition programs – technical background in governance, systems strengthening, nutrition or resilience related programming
- Demonstrated ability to work in development and/or humanitarian environments, which includes working with different stakeholders, including community organizations, government institutions, private sector entities, and US Government agencies.
- Demonstrated skills in conflict sensitivity, problem solving and consensus building.
- Demonstrated work fostering gender equities both in the participant communities as well as in the mentorship of the CNA program team.
- Demonstrated experience working with disadvantaged, marginalized or otherwise under-represented communities, including internally displaced persons, women, and girls.
- Knowledge of the current political, social, and economic context of Ethiopia
- Demonstrated strong writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to reside and work in Ethiopia full time.
- Travel within Ethiopia and internationally.
- Fluency in Amharic (oral, writing, and reading).
- Women and Ethiopia nationals are encouraged to apply.
On an important note, all Ethiopian job seekers willing to work with Action Against Hunger must read the details job vacancy announcement notification and check their eligibility for the application submission.
|Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Note: Candidates should apply application before the closing date of application on June 21, 2022. For further information please check the Recruitment Advertisement and Contact details which have been given below.
|Vacancy Notification||Download PDF|
Action Against Hunger Ethiopia
Togo Road, Addis Ababa 2357, Ethiopia
Phone: +251 11 661 0534
Official Website: www.actionagainsthunger.org
Tip: Before you start looking for jobs and completing online job applications, you’ll need an updated version of your resume ready to upload. You may also need a cover letter to apply for some jobs.